An experienced network administrator dedicated and committed to sorting out IT network related issues to ensure effective flow of information.
Strong background in managing IT network services including:
- Installation and maintenance of WAN and LAN and RAS; Ability to Analyze requirements and design security into server systems, taking into account issues such as configuration hardening, patch management, and virus protection
- 18 years of IT experience
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Exchange Server
- ESXi Servers
- Experience working with outsourced environments
- Expert knowledge of managing a small to medium sized team of employees.
- Working knowledge maintaining Microsoft’s Active Directory and supporting Windows servers, managing accounts, leveraging AD to manage servers and workstations.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Expert knowledge of Server 2003/2008 GPO and group policy deployment
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Server / Exchange 2010, 2003 and 2000
- Ability to set up and maintain networks; involves scrutinizing IT security requirements and developing IT security plans, policies and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot both hardware and software problems
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Prior experience managing a small to medium sized team of employees.
- An understanding of software development and how devices talk to each other:
- Knowledge of MXML.
- Database maintenance experience.
- Experience with cabling of networks.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager learner and quick to take the initiative to fix problems and come up with viable solutions.
- Experience with budgets and IT strategy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Strong Business IT Concepts including:
- Translate business requirements into functional/system specifications Understanding of the Software
- Clear Understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Work closely with development to define the technical requirements
- Clear Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Analyze/research complex problems and provide innovative solutions
- Subject matter expert on payment processing and regulatory compliance
- Team lead on several PCI certification achievements
- HIPAA records management trained and certified
- Expert on finding potential solutions and testing them for both technical and business compatibility.
- Expert Windows 2003/2008 Server and Active Directory
- Expert Windows scripting
- CCNA Security
- Associates of Cisco IP Telephony
Firstsource – Rockford, IL (2011-Present)
Worked independently as a Network Administrator for this large company corporate LAN, WAN infrastructure. Examined IT security requirements, and developed IT security plans, policies and procedures for clients. Scrutinized requirements and designed security for local and remote clients; dealt with issues such as authentication, virus protection, configuration management, patch management, and personal firewalls. Built computer systems and networked computer systems; installed small to medium Microsoft networks. Maintained small to medium Microsoft networks; resolved issues from basic user issues to complex WAN/VOIP troubleshooting. Worked with large corporate clients as well as residential clients, remote and in shop troubleshooting.
Responsible for the strategy, establishment and oversight for the Identity, and Access Management program for external clients, each month. Led enterprise data classification efforts to enhance data identification and ensure security controls as aligned, collaborated with all areas of the individual customer, and managed rollouts of the new enhanced data classification framework. Posted classification, led legacy system remediation efforts to ensure appropriate controls as implemented proportionate to risks. Provided professional opinion and contributed to policy creation, development, approval, translation, and rollout of security policies for IT and for all employees.
Worked on highly complex customer technical issues requiring sound judgment in order to resolve problems and provide recommendations with little or no involvement from management. Devised creative and innovative approaches where established criteria did not exist. Expert Knowledge of Platforms performed daily. Responsibilities included making significant decisions that had considerable impact on the normal operations, profitability, and the reputation of the company. Applied diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommended solutions to correct failures.
Performed NOC Technician functions that included:
- Alarm monitoring, notifying and escalating
- Follow SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Incident ticket creation and ownership through escalation process
- Dispatch of 3rd party vendor support
- Manage escalation of all incidents to operations or development teams
- Facilitate tech bridges
- Scheduled maintenance activities
- Imaging Ghost, FOG
- Backup Exec daily
- Citrix applications with clients
- DA to enforce policies shortcuts, restrict the user
- Group Polices to enforce Barracuda
- Manage SharePoint for examiners and supervisors
Exercised a wide degree of responsibility requiring leadership, creativity and latitude
Worked closely with the Service Delivery, Customer Service, Implementation, Software Development and QA teams in order to ensure efficient monitoring, troubleshooting and issue resolution for internal and production services.
Rucker Systems: Freeport, IL (2005 – 2011)
Worked independently as a Company Owner and Network Technician. Performed customer security requirements, and developed plans for clients. Deal with issues such as authentication, virus protection, and personal firewalls for clients. Build computer systems and networked computer systems; installed small to medium Microsoft networks. Maintained small to medium Microsoft networks; resolved issues from basic user issues to complex WAN/VOIP troubleshooting. Worked with large corporate clients as well as residential clients, remote and in shop troubleshooting.
Take responsibility for all customers’ personal information, data, and their personal security levels. Perform in all areas of the individual customer service, and respond to their needs.
Worked on highly complex customer technical issues requiring sound judgment in order to resolve problems and provide recommendations.
- Macintosh, PC and laptop repair also data recovery
- Web page design for businesses and setting up Web sites
- Performing data recovery on Macintosh and PC’s.
- Create DNS records for sites and maintain
- Setup Exchange and Apple mail servers Facilitate tech bridges
- Windows imaging, Ghost and Zen Works
- Scheduled maintenance activities
- Android phones
- Laser printers
- Network Cabling and punch downs
- IP Phone setups
Aero Computing: Freeport, IL. (1999 – 2005)
NT Technician: various duties include customer service and helpdesk, Administrating the Eastland, Orangeville, Forreston and the Savanna Schools networks, printer setup for networking, internet setup for class rooms, maintaining the routers, hubs, and port masters. The work at Aero Computing includes internet servers, one being a Red Hat Linux Server, routers, wireless dish, bridge units for the wireless, ADSL installs, SDSL installs, and internal networking upkeep. Building PC’s also repairing PC’s and Macintosh Computers.
Landstar Inway: Rockford, IL. (1998 – 1999)IS Technician: various duties include helpdesk, printer setup for networking, Administrate AS/400, Exchange server security, and Internet setups for new Agents. I also trouble shoot L.E.A.D.S. 2000 software and related software & hardware issues.